Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 1, 2009

My AMAZING sister-in-law

I can't let too much time pass before I document what an amazing sister Mark has.
When Mark & I got married I hadn't spent that much time with Sarah & really didn't know her that well. Then we moved here to Arizona & it wasn't until she moved here with her boyfriend (soon to be husband) Donnie that we began to really get to know each other. They moved here when Lizzie was a baby & Sarah started taking Jalen out for some fun one-on-one time so I could have a little time to rest & relax (at least as much as Lizzie would allow!). This has continued & progressed so that now she'll take Lizzie out for a "special day" a couple times a month (or week if you ask Lizzie!).
Well, Tuesday was my turn! Sarah & I have gotten so much closer as the last three years have passed and when she told me that she would like to assist me in getting some things that I have been MAJORLY procrastinating done I was grateful & ready to accept her assistance. She came to get me & the girls around noon on Tuesday & we headed for the Social Security office to get a replacement card for Jalen (his got lost/stolen almost 5 years ago, see what I mean about procrastinating?!?). When we reached to office near my place & discovered that they don't do replacement cards anymore. We were told that we got to go to Phoenix to the office near the airport, about a 20-30 minute drive away. Sarah didn't even blink, just put the address in the GPS & we were on our way. We got there & waited maybe 10 minuted before it was my turn to be seen. Fifteen minutes later we were getting back in her Expedition & heading back towards the east valley. Lizzie was hungry & Katy was tired of being in her car seat so we stopped to have lunch before heading to our next stop. After a semi-relaxing lunch (those of you with little kids know restaurant dining is never THAT enjoyable when the kids are present!) we headed to the office for Child Support Enforcement. A little over three years ago Jalen dad's stopped having wage garnishment so we stopped receiving the child support that was agreed upon when we divorced. Well with Sarah's kind insistence I got on the ball & filled out all the paperwork so that we can get that going again. We got to the DCSE & Sarah waited with the girls while I went back to fill out a little more paperwork & get things going. After maybe 30 minutes we were back in the car & headed to Target. Two things that I had dreaded doing & put off for at least three years were over in a manner of hours! All thanks to Sarah & her love for me & my kids. She is an awesome sister/aunt/friend! We had so much fun & I LOVED every minute of that day! I had so much fun that when she asked me if I would go with her the next day to pick out patterns & material for the girls flower girl dresses (Sarah & Donnie are getting married in October & the girls are the flower girls, cute!) I was more than happy to agree! Wednesday was just as successful as Tuesday & just as much fun! My girls LOVE their Aunt Sarah & I can honestly say that I am INSANELY blessed to have her in my life!
Did I mention that Sarah had taken BOTH girls for a few hours two weeks before so that Mark & I could go out & that Lizzie had a sleepover that night? And that on Monday this week Sarah came & took Lizzie shoe shopping? AMAZING!!!

2 comments:

Marian and Sadie said...

Sarah sounds like an awesome person..i wish she was my sis-in-law. Your girls are lucky to have an aunt that does cool stuff like shoe shopping.

Welcome to FarrSouth. . . said...

I am SO thankful you have an amazing sis-in-law like Sarah. I can't wait to meet her!

Love, Ang