Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Cute pictures of the kids & something unrelated




*DISCLAIMER:
The following post has NOTHING to do with the pictures.
I just wanted to share my cuties with you.


I just found out this morning that the older brother of a friend of mine from childhood had died in a plane crash earlier this week. He was also best friends with my older brother & he and his wife came to my brother's wedding 3 years ago in California. He was 32 years old & he and his wife had (according to the article in the paper) 6 small children. He was a really nice & funny guy. I remember having a crush on him when I was a young teenager. He was handsome & he let me borrow his leather jacket once. I felt so special wearing it, like I was prettier & older & "cooler" just by having it on. His brother (my friend) was always there from 3rd grade all the way into my adulthood. We lost touch around the time I had Jay but I still consider him a friend. He was loyal and we always had fun when we spent time together. My heart is aching at the thought that he is sad and that I can't comfort him. I want more than anything to be able to tell him how much I still love him & how sorry I am that he has lost his brother in this way. I think of the wife and children left behind and I want to cry. I have been blessed with a kind, loving husband & beautiful, healthy children. I thank Heavenly Father for every day I have with them and pray for more days for a long time to come. My heart & my prayers go out to the families who lost this man.

No comments: