Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

An Update

Katy is almost 4 weeks old so I guess I can give an update of the last few weeks.
Mark went back to work on Monday the 18th after taking a three week leave to take care of me & the kids. I was a little afraid of how things were going to go (it had only been 2 weeks since the c-section) but everything has gone really smoothly for the most part. Katy is beginning to know that we sleep at night so I am getting a decent amount of sleep (on average 6 hours) but she LOVES to be held when she is awake so I am not getting much done during the day. I just borrowed Erika's bouncy chair that Emma has outgrown so we'll see if Katy can hang out in that so I can get laundry & some cleaning done during the day! Keep your fingers crossed for me. As you know Katy was 10 lbs 11 oz at birth & she was down to 9.13 at her 2 week appointment which is when most babies have gained back all their lost birth weight. Well, we had a weight check yesterday & she is back up to 10.7! I am SOOO relieved! The pediatrician wants to see her the end of next week just to be sure but she said she looks great & is gaining weight at the appropriate rate. I was nervous but now I am reassured that I am doing the right things for her & keeping her fed. PHEW! She is also beginning to love to eat almost as much as Lizzie did so we are nursing on a VERY regular schedule. We are supplementing with a few ounces of formula after every feeding though, something I wish I'd done with Lizzie. This way she is eating every 3 hours rather then every 1-1 1/2 hours like her big sister did.
Lizzie LOVES being a big sister & has discovered that she is just strong enough to pick Katy up out of her bed. I've been able to persuade her of how dangerous that is so she doesn't anymore, I think she just likes knowing she can. She likes to give Katy her pacifier when she is upset & ALWAYS wants to hold her. Lizzie also got to get some shots last week & she has told anyone who will listen that she is NEVER getting shots again! She was incredibly brave though, mom was super impressed!
Jalen thinks she is adorable & like an angel. He is a good brother & will go fetch things for mom when asked. He can even warm up her bottle in the microwave if mom asks! He is done with school for the summer & will be going to Montana for 10 weeks with his grandparents. When he gets home he will be starting SECOND grade! I am always amazed when I realize how much time has passed since he was my baby!
Mark is still working at GoDaddy in server support & he is so good at what he does! I am always so grateful that he works in the computer industry, we really haven't felt the bite of the recession. We are super blessed in that way. He is also working on some side business opportunities that he really enjoys & that he sees having great potential in the coming years. He has been having fun cooking something fun & new almost every night using the Biggest Loser cookbook I mentioned in my Mother's Day post. I am so grateful that he likes to cook, we would be eating PB & J (or PB & Honey for Jay) every night if it were up to me! I am motivated to get myself in shape but not really up for cooking much lately. Easy & fast is what I'm into! Thank goodness for Mark!
I am healing really well from my surgery. I feel better & better almost every day. I am SUPER excited to get back to the gym next week. I will be able to do cardio for two weeks & then I will have my 6 week check up to get cleared for doing things like strength training & swimming. I can't wait! I am so glad that I was able to get to the gym so often when I was pregnant. I know that is the main thing that has been making my recovery go so quickly & easily. I aim to get in EXCELLENT shape & then (if we decide to have more!) stay in shape through regular exercise. That is something I've never done before I really look forward to making that lifestyle change!
Well, things are going pretty great right now & Katy just went to sleep so I get to go do some laundry.

No comments: