Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 13, 2009

Jalen Update

So I alluded to it in an earlier post but I want to give a quick update on Jalen for those who may not know. Last Friday (the 3rd) Jay was pretty sluggish after school & not his usual self. While having dinner with Mark I noticed he was feeling kind of warm so I gave him a little ibuprofen before bed, hoping to knock out whatever was making him sick. Well, it didn't work! He was sick all weekend, even throwing up once on Sunday (I think he gagged on something he attempted to eat, ALL food tastes weird to him when he is sick). Since Sirrine has a 24 hr puke policy (Your child must be 24 hours vomit free before they can return to school) I kept him home on Monday. He didn't have a fever & felt well enough to fight with Lizzie all day so I figured he MUST be well enough to go to school! I sent him on Tuesday & he came home all sluggish & tired again. I kept him inside rather then let him out to play with his neighborhood friends and we had an early bedtime. Wednesday morning I could barely get him out of bed and when I took his temperature it was 101 degrees! Needless to say he stayed home on Wednesday. I gave him more ibuprofen & put him back to bed. He slept until almost noon & then dozed off & on the rest of the day in the living room. We went to mom & dad's for Ted's birthday dinner & Jay spent all but the few minutes eating dinner laying quietly on the couch. When it was time to leave he got his shoes on & just laid down on the floor by the door. Dad finally walked him out to the car & he fell asleep on the way home. I had already decided to keep him home again on Thursday & while he was MUCH cooler (temperature-wise) he was still VERY sleepy & gave me zero argument when I suggested we all take naps. He was much better again on Friday & just got better & better all weekend. He still has "sick-eyes" but I know he is feeling better, no fever at all & just a little cough that is on its way out. Thank goodness! I was beginning to get a little nervous but he is such a trooper!
So that is that. Oh yeah, through all that you'd think Lizzie would have gotten a little something wouldn't you? Oh no! She has been healthy as ever all along!

1 comment:

Sowells said...

I hate it when they are sick! I love being able to see how are family is! Can't wait to see pictures of your little baby!