Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Baby Update #2

So yesterday afternoon I began having contractions sometime between 2 & 3 & the were pretty mild (almost unnoticeable) at first & they got stronger to the point that I decided to sit down & pay attention for a little bit. Well, they were regular, every 4-5 minutes lasting for 45 seconds to a minute. I kept an "eye" on them for a while longer & just went about my business. After about 2 hours of this I realized they were getting stronger & a little closer together, more like every 3-4 minutes & still lasting a minute each. After debating with myself about it I decided to call my midwife & she told me to go ahead & go to the hospital & have a baby! This was about 5:45-6-ish. We got the kids over to Sarah (THANK YOU!!!!) & headed to Chandler Regional. By the time we got back to triage it was just about 7 & by the time I was all hooked up to the monitors my contractions were coming about a minute & a half to 2 minutes apart & they felt pretty strong, not painful, just REAL. Well, we got there pretty much right at shift change for the nurses so it took a minute to get checked to see if I was dilating at all but when I did I had the happy news that I was open just a bit, dilated to 1 cm. HALLELUJAH!!! In my previous pregnancies I have NEVER dilated before actually being in labor so I was VERY happy! That isn't enough to be admitted though so after the triage nurse spoke to my midwife it was decided that I would walk for an hour, see if we couldn't move things along (that is usually how it works for me). Well, we walked & the whole time I felt like I was carrying the baby around between my knees, she felt that low. When we got back to triage after our walk they hooked me back up to all the monitors & I was still contracting every minute & a half to 2 minutes but the strength & length of my contractions had lessened some. I got checked again after monitoring me & baby for about 20 minutes & I was...wait for it...STILL only dilated to a 1! So disappointed! We came home, ate some dinner (we neglected to eat on the way to the hospital, too distracted I guess LOL) and went to bed. I was feeling discouraged & more then a little disappointed. I REALLY wanted my baby here!
Anyway, I think I am still on the induction list (we were put on hold due to LOTS of laboring mothers who did it on their own) & I am determined to get her here ASAP!!!
Thank you for all your positive thoughts & prayers. Keep 'em coming!

1 comment:

Marian and Sadie said...

I'm sure you will have the baby tonight. Happy pushing!