Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, March 13, 2009

Preparing for baby

So today Erika & Ted came over to assist me in cleaning out my closet so that I would have more room for baby when she decides to "Grace" us with her presence. I am something of a packrat & I realized that I have been holding on to some things for the MOST ridiculous reasons. Erika was rewarded with lots of clothes that will fit her during this transition time until she gets back to her pre-Emma size & Ted gets to have a shelving unit that I get to NOT have anymore so that I can have a bed for baby in my room. While we were going through my closet & dresser I got to think A LOT about how my life is about to change. It also got me thinking about what life was like just a year ago. I started thinking about the AMAZING cruise Mark & I went on last May and decided it would be fun to write about it now since I didn't back then, so here goes!



This is a picture of me as we are leaving the San Diego port. It was BEAUTIFUL but a little cold if you spent too much time out of the sun. One of the things I love the most about this picture is the dress I'm wearing. It is a maternity dress that I still wear as often as I can get away with! It is so comfy & long. LOVE IT!

This is the ONLY picture of Mark & me together from our camera. We bought a few of the ones the ship photographers took but our scanner bit the dust last summer so I can't post those. (They are ALL better!) You can see the San Diego skyline in the background and a bit of the port. Again, beautiful!


This is a picture of the real life "Black Pearl" from Pirates of the Caribbean. Our tour guide told us that they were preparing to begin shooting the fourth installment in Miami & the ship was docked there in Ensenada before going on to Florida for the movie. We didn't get as great of a shot as we would've liked but it was pretty neat all the same!

This is a picture of our ship taken from the tour bus on a high hill overlooking the city. It (apparently) is a smaller ship. We found it plenty big and quite impressive...


This is the chef who taught the Mexican cooking class we took. It was salsa, guacamole & tamales. Nothing too intense but fun. He had a great sense of humor & kept things fun & light hearted. I can't recall his name right now but I can guarantee that Mark remembers if you REALLY want to know!

This is a GIGANTIC Mexico flag that flies in the harbor in Ensenada. It is one of three (I think, maybe four) that fly in different places throughout Mexico. It is a point of pride & was a great honor to the city when they were selected to get a flag.




These are the towel creations our AWESOME room steward created for us during out cruise. I think we had one more that for some reason we didn't get a picture of but these we DID capture I think the frog is too cute. Lizzie just now saw the picture of the monkey & said "Is that me?"I told her it was a monkey, not my monkey which is one of my many nicknames for her.


Here we are in the San Diego airport, waiting to go through security. We were VERY excited to see the kids but had had SOOO much fun we were sad to be coming home. We can't wait for our next cruise, when we can take the kids and go for a week. We love the pampering and total freedom "cruising" gives you! It is the only vacation I've ever been on that didn't require any recovery time once we got home. You can also find AMAZING prices for cruises online as well so they are affordable too!

I just wanted to take a little trip down memory lane & share with you what I was doing a year ago. We got home the day before Mother's Day and this Mother's Day I will have a brand new baby. SO exciting!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

The cruise looks awesome! I can't wait till Spencer and I can take one. With our kids or without--I'll take it either way! I think it sounds like my kind of vacation!